Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day One (Saturday)

Well my day started at about 6:00, when I woke up but just layed there because I knew I would probably be drving most of the way, so I need to just rest that extra hour. Well about 6:15 or so the phone rang and I just knew what that call was about and sure enough it was that calling tell us that my uncle had died about 6:00, my aunt talked to my daddy for a little bit and told us to go ahead andgo on vacation because not was going to be done until later in the week. We have not told my grandmother or my dad's brother that is with us because my grandmother will just want to go home and there is not really anything she can do and plus my aunts wanted her to come and this vacation. I know that you are probably thinking that we should have stayed home but when my daddy talked to my aunt she told us to go ahead and go on vacation and that we would do the memorial service when we got back since they were not going to do a funeral anyways. My daddy talked to my aunt this morning and the memorial service is going to be Saturday at 3 so we will have to leave the beach around 8 or 9 to get back in time for that.

Well I got up around 6:50 and got dressed fight with my eye the whole time hoping that it would clear up and not bother me to much on vacation. About 7:15 my daddy comes through and and if we were ready to go and of course we were but we were way ahead of schedule which is good I guess. So we go have breakfast at Biscuitville and then we have to run my the post office to drop something off to be mailed then on to the shop were we left the van so we could have some work done on it while we were gone. I guess we got to my ma-maw's around 8:15 or so and packed her up then we were on our way to my other grandmother's to pack them up and off to the beach we heading. I wish you could all see what my Jeep looked like on the way down here we had the chairs and the travel bag straped to the top of my Jeep. We left their house around 9:45 and were on our way to the beach. Around 11:30 or so we stopped at KFC to have lunch (exit 321). We were on the road again by 12. About 1:45 or maybe before we stopped again because I was about to pop. We got to the place we had to check in at around 2:30 which is what my daddy planned for us to do. We unpacked everything from the cars and dragged it up 30 some steps. We left for supper at Gulf Stream around 5:15, we were not sure that they were open but it turned out that they were. We were very happy with supper and to top it all off it was cheap. After supper we headed on over to Food Lion to pick up the items we could not bring with us like milk, eggs, bread, etc. We got back to the room around 7:30 or so. I head off to bed about 10:00.

So there you have it, our first day of our beach trip. I will blog about our day later tonight.

1 comment:

Hall Family said...

I am so sorry to hear about your uncle passing away. Please let me know if you need anything.

Blessings-Hall Family