Saturday, November 8, 2008

Army Update

So I am going to do my best to update you all on our trip to Fort Benning, GA to see Edward. I am sure I will leave things out not meaning to but I will get the highlights most importantly. First of all it was a blast and we enjoyed every minute of the trip even though it was crazy at time. I am going to go through this day by day.

Tuesday: We left the house around 1:15 with the mission of getting to GA before 9:00pm. Out of our road we went heading toward the highway, my sister looks at my daddy and says which way am I going. My daddy thinking she was joking did not answer little did her know she was not joking so there was our first laughs of many during our trip. We got the highway direction settled and down the highway we went. The kids were doing great watching movies and coloring pictures for daddy.
We had just entered South Carolina when this little voice from the back seat says "Mommy me have to potty." Great Ty has to potty. Well while Elizabeht and my daddy look for the bathroom the kids are all cracking up because we had just passing the big peach when Logan decides that the peach looks like a big butt.
Back on the highway we go after everyone files out of the van for a potty break. Trip is still going great at this point, we are playing rock, paper, scissors, watching movies, coloring, looking at the BIG Toys r us book for all the Christmas presents we want.
Finally the big Welcome to GA sign is in site.
We made it kids we are in the same state as daddy, mommy says from the front seat. "We in the same state as daddy" Ty says with a great big smile on his face. Everyone has settled down from the great excitement of being in the same state as daddy when that little voice says again "Mommy me have to potty". We got that business taken care of again, then we hit the Atlanta GA 5:oo traffic without any warning, mind you my sister is driving and she never drives in big places like this but I have to give it to her SHE DID WONDERFUL!!!! We got through that crazy traffic and stop for supper and Ty has to once again potty. Finally we make it to Fort Benning, GA with the new mission of trying to find the vistor center on base to get our pass to be able to get on the base Wednesday morning. After and few wrong turns and a few stops no go, slow down, take this exit we make it to the vistor center. Elizabeth and daddy go into get the pass. We off again with the mission now to find our hotel that we were staying in. We find it and get all checked in for our stay until Friday morning. With all the excitement it took a while to get everyone calmed down and in the bed to insure enough sleep since we had to be up super early. Finally at 11:00, Elizabeth and myself climb out tired bodies into the bed for a little sleep before having to get up at 5 the next morning.


No comments: