Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Two Years......

Today is suppose to be a happy day, a day for being thankful, a day to spend with family having a great time. Well that was a little different for my family today. You see at 7:05pm my grandmother lost her husband, my mommy lost her father and I lost my pa-paw. I am not going to harp on the lost of my pa-paw but I am going to say why I am so thankful for the time I did have with my pa-paw.

  • I am thankful for the 20 wonderful years I got to spend with my pa-paw.
  • I am thankful for the homemade strawberry and banana ice cream we used to make in my grandparents basement.
  • I am thankful for the time my sister and I got to spend down in my grandparents basement skating while pa-paw would do some handy work.
  • I am thankful for the nice summer days my pa-paw would go out and hang the wooden swing in the tree and push my sister and me for hours on in.
  • I am thankful for the time I got to spend with my pa-paw sweeping out the basement during the fall when all the leaves would blow into the basement.
  • I am thankful for the time I was able to gather wood for the fireplace with my pa-paw.
  • I am thankful that my pa-paw knew our Heavenly Father and is now preparing my place in Heaven with him.

Please don't take me wrong. I do miss my pa-paw very much. I miss him so much some days I wish I could just have had one more minute, one more hour, just one more day with him. This year for some reason I had a very hard time dealing with my pa-paw not being here with us in person. I miss climbing up and down the steps with my pa-paw following him where ever he went. I miss hearing my grandmother say "wait on your little shadow." I just miss everything about my pa-paw.

Happy 2nd Angel Day Pa-Paw. I love you and miss you very much.

No comments: